Many people don’t know how to clean the toothbrush that is used every day to clean teeth and maintain oral health. According to the recommendations of the American Dental Association, no matter what brand of toothbrush you choose, electric toothbrush or traditional toothbrush, you should clean the toothbrush, and have the correct concept of brushing your teeth. !
According to a doctor of dentistry from Harvard University in the United States, the history of toothbrushes is longer than we think, about 5,000 years. At the beginning, it was a cleaning tool made of branches, animal bones, wood and wild boar bristles, and now most people use them. Most toothbrushes are made of nylon. The doctor recommends that you brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day, and use dental floss or interdental brush to clean the teeth.
To keep your teeth healthy, the first step is to make the toothbrush "always clean":
1. Don't share toothbrushes with others: usually only use your own toothbrush to brush your teeth, and use others' toothbrushes, there may be the possibility of mutual infection of bacteria. If you have poor resistance or suffer from infectious diseases, you need to pay special attention.
2. Thoroughly rinse the toothbrush after brushing: thoroughly rinse off the residual toothpaste and food residue.
3. How to place the toothbrush: After brushing your teeth, store the toothbrush head up and upright, and let the toothbrush dry naturally.
4. The toothbrush should be stored in a ventilated place: do not cover or store the toothbrush in an airtight container. Compared with an open and ventilated place, a humid closed environment undoubtedly provides a comfortable environment for bacteria to grow.
5. Replace the toothbrush regularly: Replace the toothbrush at least once every 3 months. As the use time is extended, the bristles of the toothbrush will gradually wear out and deform, greatly reducing the efficiency. Special reminder that children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more frequently, preferably once a month.